Monday, May 30, 2022

Two card show additions

 Over five months later, here's a second post for this blog. I was at a card show today, and found two Dan Quisenberry cards I needed in dime boxes.

The first is a 1984 Topps Ralston Purina. The set is practically the same as the 1984 Topps Cereal Series set. 

I only associated Ralston Purina with cat food, but according to the back the way to get these cards was to eat plenty of "Cookie - Crisp, Donkey Kong, and other Ralston cereals." I'm having difficulty imagining a cereal called Donkey Kong, I have to admit. 

It's an interesting set - too bad the picture isn't better. 

The other card I got was a special one: his rookie card.

I actually got a copy on COMC for 41 cents a few months ago, but I haven't requested the shipment it's in and I couldn't leave behind a Quiz rookie card in a dime box. 

And that was it for today. I now have 30 different Quiz cards, three more than I had in my first post. Not much progress, but better than nothing I guess. 



5 comments:

  1. Two nice Quiz's! I have them both. You've kind of got me looking for any Quizenberry's I can find for my own collection. Keep them coming!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice pickups! I have some Quiz's waiting for you when you are ready for a trade.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That rookie card for a dime was a really nice find. It's a shame that Topps didn't produced their Traded sets one year earlier... so Quiz could get a rookie card all by himself.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like you're posting a bit like I do now.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Diamond King's giving away some free minor league baseball cards, some of them autographs:

    https://thediamondking.blogspot.com/2022/12/minor-leaguers.html?sc=1670951591792#c5610289999747543431

    ReplyDelete

Two card show additions

 Over five months later, here's a second post for this blog. I was at a card show today, and found two Dan Quisenberry cards I needed in...